The Legal Director is a legal consultancy providing businesses with experienced, high-calibre lawyers on a part-time or flexible basis.
The Legal Director matches our lawyers to the needs of our clients’ business and acts as their in-house lawyer and a key member of their senior management team. As their lawyer and trusted advisor, we provide them with the highest level of legal and business related advice to deliver maximum commercial benefit.
The Legal Director offers a transparent, cost-effective way of embedding a senior lawyer in a business for a small percentage of the cost typically associated with using a large law firm or employing an in-house lawyer. All of our lawyers pride themselves on truly understanding their clients’ business and being available at any time - day or night - to offer the very highest levels of customer service.
Our lawyers are a mixture of solicitors and barristers who have at least 10 years post qualification experience They work as our clients’ sole General Counsel for between 1 and 6 days a month. That support can either be on site or remotely, from their home.
Ed Simpson founded The Legal Director business in 2007 and one of his key drivers for doing so was to allow him the flexibility to combine doing the high level work he enjoyed, with bringing up his young son.
We now have 28 lawyers dotted all around England and are looking to grow our team still further.
In mid- 2018 we conducted an independent survey our team. They all, without exception, said that they loved working for The Legal Director and these are some of the reasons they gave:
• They have a wide variety of clients who really integrate them into their management team as they are always the sole In house lawyer there. The relationships they get to build with their clients usually last for many years.
• They work a combination of on site and remotely which allows them the flexibility to deal with other commitments on their time.
• They get to provide legal services in a proactive way as the client pays a fixed amount each month and so is not worried that “the clock is ticking” or to pick up the phone.
• Clients value our business advice as much as our legal advice. We often act as unofficial Non Exec Directors for our clients as well as the General Counsel.
• They only work for 6 or 7 clients at any one time, meaning they are able to manage expectations more easily and really get to know their clients’ business.
• The Legal Director has managed to get them as busy as they wanted to be in an average of 3 months. (Some have started with no clients, others brought a book of work).
• The model gives them insurance protection (we are SRA regulated) and we do all the boring back office stuff like invoicing and debt collection.
Anyone interested in exploring a career with TLD please contact:
James Mallender or Kirstie Penk on email@example.com or Tel: 020 3053 8613